Tools and Open Source
See also local files:
- CryptTool Wikipedia
- CrypTool 1 (CT1) was released in 1998 and runs under Windows and has two successors: CT2 and JCT.
- CrypTool 2 (CT2) supports visual programming and execution of cascades of cryptographic procedures.
CT2 contains a large number of cryptanalysis methods and also runs under Windows.
- JCrypTool (JCT) is platform-independent and runs under Linux, Mac and Windows.
One focus are post-quantum (signature) algorithms.
- CrypTool-Online (CTO) was released in spring 2009. Runs in a browser
German start-up, Hannover. Works on PQmail as well.
PGP - GPG
Pretty Good Privacy (PGP) introduced a decentralised model of trust based on public keys and certificates.
PGP is software built as an e-mail encryption tool by Phil Zimmermann, where parties are represented by their public key.
Its message format is described in RFC 4880.
- gnupg.org - GPG/GnuPG
- GnuPG is a command line tool without any graphical user interface. It is an universal crypto engine
which can be used directly from a command line prompt, from shell scripts, or from other programs.
- Gnome Keyring
- a collection of components in GNOME that store secrets, passwords, keys, certificates and make them available to applications
- integrated with the user's login, so that secret storage can be unlocked when the user logs in
- based on PKCS#11
- Gnome Seahorse - an application for managing PGP and SSH keys and passwords in the GNOME Keyring
- GPG in Evolution
- Key generation either through Seahorse or by 'gpg2 –full-gen-key'
- gpg4win.org - GPG for Windows - email and file encryption
- Installs locally at C:\Program Files (x86)\GnuPG\bin
- Sign files or folders from Windows Explorer with GpgEX or Kleopatra
- Comes with Microsoft Outlook plugin GpgOL to sign and encrypt emails and attachments. Verification and decrytion directly in Outlook.
- Executable gpg4win-3.1.11.exe exists separately but is also part of Libre Office
- gpg4win's Kleopatra - a tool for managing X.509 and OpenPGP certificates also on Windows
EU DSS - essentially an open-source library
VeraCrypt - TrueCrypt
OpenSSH OpenSSL OpenDnsSect