Mobile standards and platforms - core
At a glance
3GPP - 5GPP
GSMA service provisioning
IMS service configuration is defined in GSMA PRD IR.51 and GSMA PRD IR.92.
The service configuration procedure between clients and the Service Provider’s configuration server described in GSMA PRD RCC.14 (including authentication).
- GSMA TS.43 Service Entitlement Configuration
- Describes the procedure for configuration of a device-based service performed during the entitlement verification step of the service or during the activation of that service
- Services are IMS based: Voice-over-Wi-Fi (VoWiFi), Voice-over-LTE (VoLTE), SMS over IP (SMSoIP) and On-Device Service Activation (ODSA)
- Entitlement configuration is usually triggered by the device or client and the user is not aware of an entitlement configuration process taking place.
- It is then preferable for the entitlement configuration server to rely on authentication mechanisms like “User Authentication via HTTP Embedded EAP-AKA” which does not involve user interactions.
- In case access to the device’s SIM data is not possible (which would prevent authentication based on EAP-AKA), authentication following the OpenID or OAuth 2.0 procedure is the preferred alternative.
Mobile standards and platforms - other
Design and testing
- Oppo - N1 as first with CyanogenMod pre-installed
- Samsung Galaxy Wikipedia
- Samsung Galaxy S series of high-end smartphones,
- Samsung Galaxy Tab series of tablets,
- Samsung Galaxy Note series of tablets and phablets with the added functionality of a stylus,
- foldable Samsung Galaxy Z series, and
- smartwatches including the first version of the Samsung Galaxy Gear, with later versions dropping the Galaxy branding, until the release of the Samsung Galaxy Watch in 2018
- Galaxy devices use Android, usually with a custom user interface called One UI
(with previous versions being known as Samsung Experience and TouchWiz)
- Samsung S-8 Wikipedia
- Samsung Knox
Vendors and integrators